Wednesday, January 1, 2014

kids create with clay: winter trees

   I am subbing for some classes at Art Works Now this month before settling into a regular schedule with them, to be determined.
   For the next three weeks, I will be teaching all of the Kids Create classes, Monday through Thursday, 4:30-5:30.  M - Clay, T - Fiber Arts, W - Color, Th - Drawing.

   This Monday, we created bas relief winter trees.  Beautiful work!
   We started with making a slab, and the kids were given two options to approach the project.
 
This first image is my demo in progress.
  
  
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 

At the end of class, one of the students came up with a great idea for displaying the piece - using a picture frame style foot!   I executed the concept for each of the kids' pieces (as we were out of time!)
 

Here are my completed demo pieces. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for your comment! keep 'em coming...
and if you like what you read, spread the word.