Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I give thanks....

Another long break from actually blogging as I continue to write many many posts in my mind that will eventually find their way here, even if it takes another 5 years....

It was an intense autumn, filled mostly with lots of goodness and business that made me feel at times totally overwhelmed, but inspired and fulfilled at the same time, intermingled with some sadness that I explain in detail in a past post below; and an intense start to winter, with some very sad news on Christmas day, hitting during this time of year ('the Holidays') when I always feel so much conflicted emotion anyway, all of which I will explain later in another post. 

So here we are, 2012 Space Odyssey.  :)  I do love something about this time of year - the days begin to get longer, which helps to deal with the cold, and while I am not one to declare a list of New Year's Resolutions, I look to the natural cycle of life for inspiration in this time of hibernation, incubation, renewal, and rebirth.  I am a firm believer that we should reinvent ourselves anytime we see fit, whether it be simply a shift in attitude or perspective in a given moment, or change on a grander scale.

bat-leaf passionflower at the Botanic Gardens in DC
As I reflect upon what a challenging year 2011 was for so many people in my life and around the globe, the main feeling that bubbles up from my soul about this year and the coming times is thankfulness.  I want to put even more focus on that than I usually do, and remember every single day the myriad things I have to be thankful for.  And I want to write more.  So, I endeavor to state every single day at least one thing that I am thankful for.  It may be a simple one-line post, or more.  And, since I do at times have a penchant for procrastination, perhaps at times more than one day will be condensed into a post.  Alas, I'm late in beginning.  So, 4 days' worth to start:

Jan 1:  I give thanks for my incredibly stimulating, fiery, quirky, inspiring, and loveable husband and children.
Jan 2:  I give thanks for (relatively) clean water to bathe in, cleanse with, and drink.
Jan 3:  I give thanks for having a warm and safe place to live. 
Jan 4:  I give thanks for dear friends near & far who stimulate my mind, heart, & soul.

Any thoughts you want to share in reflection of 2011 or going into 2012?  Click the pencil...

1 comment:

thanks so much for your comment! keep 'em coming...
and if you like what you read, spread the word.