Thursday, February 25, 2010

extending into heavens

© artis mooney

This is a composite piece that began back in the 90s & has had its most recent incarnation last year as a gift for my husband Atom.  I made the drawing with him in mind when we were dating in our early twenties.  The poem was a separate stroke of inspiration, I believe when I still lived in New York, around the same time, created on an old typewriter.  At some point I combined them using a scanner & photoshop.  I performed the poem in Ireland as part of a show my friend Vivian conceived entitled "In Her Shoes".  Some parts of this were digitally painted, then this version was printed, and finished with watercolor & clear embossing fluid that is shiny and raised.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for your comment! keep 'em coming...
and if you like what you read, spread the word.